Medical, Hospital and Health Law
WFonseca Advogados has a sector specialized in Medical, Hospital, and Health Law. With an experience of almost two decades in this segment, we assist physicians, clinics, and hospitals. Our team of attorneys has legal and academic recognition nationally and internationally due to work developed throughout the years.
Our firm also has the support of a multidisciplinary medical team that reinforces the development and preparation of our clients’ defenses in court and before the Regional and Federal Medicine Councils.
WFonseca Advogados offers distinguished, tailor-fit services, that is, outstanding personal services and solutions for high-complexity cases.
Within the scope of our work, we offer the following solutions:
- Preparation of defenses and monitoring of malpractice and medical error cases.
- Preparation of actions to annul undue convictions in judgments passed by the Federal Medicine Council.
- Preparation legal-medical opinions.
- Preparation of appeals to the Courts of Appeal and Superior Courts in Brasília, submitting briefs and presenting oral arguments.
Inquiries and Professional Ethical Proceedings:
- Preparation of defenses in inquiries arising from malpractice, medical error, ethical failures, and undue medical advertising.
- Preparation of defenses in professional ethical proceedings arising from malpractice, medical error, ethical failures, and undue medical advertising.
- Hearing at the Regional Medicine Councils.
- Preparation of appeals to the Federal Medicine Council, submitting briefs and presenting oral arguments.
- Analysis, formulation, and revision of medical, hospital, and patient documents.
- Study of and adjustment to records of physicians, clinics, and hospitals (handwritten, digital, and electronic).
- Implementation of Electronic Medical Records.
- Analysis, formulation, and revision of Instruments of Free and Informed Consent in light of the Medical Ethics Code and the Consumer Defense Code.
- Preparation of expert reports jointly with our multidisciplinary medical team to be used in legal cases, inquiries, and ethical and professional cases.
- Training and lectures to physicians and associates of Clinics, Hospitals, Laboratories to prevent legal damages.
- Analysis of and adjustments to medical advertising in social media and institutional pages of medical offices, clinics, hospitals in light of the Medical Ethics Code and the Consumer Protection Code.